Routes map of Pärnu county

Page 1

Valgeranna Adventure Park

Valgeranna Adventure Park offers an experience of thrill on adventure trails with different degrees of difficulty built high up between the trees. Both the small adventurers (on the children’s trail) as well as the big adventurers (5 trails with different degrees of difficulty) can put themselves to the test. At the end 4 of the adventure trails, fast descents on cables give you a pleasant rush of adrenaline. +372 5622 2855, www.valgerannaseikluspark.ee

Abenteuerpark Valgeranna

Im Abenteuerpark bieten die hoch zwischen die Bäume gebauten Abenteuerstrecken unterschiedlicher Schwierigkeit Spannung – dort können sowohl kleine (auf der Kinderstrecke) als auch große Abenteurer (5 Strecken mit unterschiedlicher Schwierigkeitsstufe) ihre Fähigkeiten erproben. An den Endpunkten der Abenteuerstrecken kann man mit einer schnellen Seilrutsche ordentlich Adrenalin tanken. +372 5622 2855, www.valgerannaseikluspark.ee

Valgeranna Sandy beach, promenade and observation tower of Valgerand

Valgerand is a long sandy beach opening to the South and protected from the cold Northern winds by a beautiful pine forest. There are changing cabins, a children’s playground and a café on the beach, and you can rent pedalos and sailing boats. The promenade in Valgerand is a beautiful 300 m long walk leading 5 from the parking lot to the sea and partly winding underneath the trails of Valgeranna Adventure Park. A picturesque view opens from the 9 m high beach lighthouse that is equipped with lights.

des Landkreises Pärnu

Routenkarte OF PÄRNU COUNTY

ROUTES MAP

Sandstrand, Promenade und Aussichtsturm Valgerand

Der Valgerand ist ein langer sandiger Badestrand, der sich nach Süden hin öffnet und durch den schönen Kiefernwald vor kalten Nordwinden geschützt ist. Am Strand gibt es einen Kinderspielplatz, Umkleidekabinen, Verleih von Tret- und Segelboten sowie ein Café. Die Promenade am Valgerand ist ein 300 m langer schöner Fußweg, der vom Parkplatz bis zum Meer führt und sich teilweise unter dem Abenteuerpark Valgeranna schlängelt. Vom beleuchteten Aussichtsturm am Strand eröffnen sich wunderschöne Aussichten.

Russian Farmyard – Sanga-Tõniste Farm

Pärnu Visitor Centre Besucherzentrum Pärnu Uus 4, 80010 Pärnu, Estonia/Estland +372 447 3000, +372 5330 4134 info@visitparnu.com, parnu@visitestonia.com

www.visitparnu.com

Tallinn Estonia/Estland Pärnu

You can learn about Russian folk culture and traditions on this Estonian farm that has an exciting history. You can take a look at Russian national clothing and Russian applied art, and taste Russian food. You will feel like you ended up in a Russian village, where the 11 man of the house lays on the oven nibbling on barankas, porridge is cooking in the oven, the samovar is smoking, and girls with rosy cheeks are greeting the guests. Russian food and sauna available on pre-order. +372 517 0517, www.venetalu.ee

Russischer Bauernhof – Sanga-Tõniste-Hof

Auf dem estnischen Bauernhof mit einer interessanten Geschichte kann man die russische Nationalkultur und deren Traditionen miterleben. Hier wird eine gute Möglichkeit geboten, russische Volkstrachten zu sehenen, russische Speisen zu probieren und russische angewandte Kunst kennen zu lernen. Hier sind Sie wie in ein russisches Dorf geraten, wo Jemelja auf dem Ofen liegt und an Barankas knabbert, Brei im Ofen reift, der Samowar raucht und rotwangige Mädchen die Gäste begrüßen. Russische Speisen und Sauna auf Vorbestellung. +372 517 0517, www.venetalu.ee

Tõstamaa Manor (1877) and museum

The manor was first mentioned in writen records in 1553. The former main building of the manor was comprehensively rebuilt in historilistlik style in 18751877. The ceiling paintings, now restored, and the stables and coach house with an eye-catching inner court also date from this period. A school has been working 19 in the manor main building since 1921; the manor now also houses a small museum. The manor main building was first renovated in the 1970s, but large-scale renovation works were only completed in 2004 when the exterior facades of the building were restored. +372 508 3834, mois.tostamaa.ee

Gutshof (1877) und Museum Tõstamaa

Quadruple MobiTourist

Download free from Android Market and App Store See more www.mobitourist.eu Published by the Pärnumaa Tourism Foundation and Pärnu City Government. Translation by Luisa Translation Agency Ltd. Cover photo by Romantic Coastline www.rannatee.ee Photos by Romantic Coastline www.rannatee.ee, Elen Juurma, Piret Volgerad, Mati Kose, Estonian Museum Railway in Lavassaare, Indrek Talts, Seikle Vabaks www.seiklevabaks.ee, Aivar Ruukel www.soomaa.com, Marju Randmer, Toomas Mitt, SA Pärnumaa Turism, Jüri Pere. Design by Areal Disain Herausgegeben von der Stiftung Pärnumaa Turism und der Stadtverwaltung Pärnu. Übersetzung: Luisa Translation Agency Ltd. Umschlagphoto: Romantic Coastline www.rannatee.ee Photos: Romantic Coastline www.rannatee.ee, Elen Juurma, Piret Volgerad, Mati Kose, Estonian Museum Railway in Lavassaare, Indrek Talts, Seikle Vabaks www.seiklevabaks.ee, Aivar Ruukel www.soomaa.com, Marju Randmer, Toomas Mitt, SA Pärnumaa Turism, Jüri Pere. Gestaltung: Areal Disain © 2012

Der Gutshof wurde bereits 1553 erstmals in schriftlichen Quellen erwähnt. Das alte Hauptgebäude wurde von 1875-1877 grundlegend im historizistischen Stil umgebaut. Aus dieser Zeit stammen auch die heute restaurierten Deckengemälde und die Stall-Remise mit Innenhof und auffallendem Aussehen. Seit 1921 ist im Gutshof eine Schule untergebracht. Mit der ersten Renovierung des Gutshofs wurde in den 1970er Jahren begonnen, aber umfangreiche Renovierungsarbeiten endeten 2004. Im Gutshof befindet sich auch ein Museum und während einer Exkursion im Gutsgebäude wird das Leben im Gutshof durch die Jahrhunderte hindurch vorgestellt und ein Überblick über die Räumlichkeiten und deren Nutzung gegeben. +372 508 3834, www.mois.tostamaa.ee

See more about Romantic Coastline:

www.rannatee.ee

Ermistu Lake and viewing tower Tõhela Lake and viewing tower

Lake Ermistu and Lake Tõhela have a lot in common: they are surrounded by bogs and marshes that are their sources of water. This is why the lakes are rich in fish and popular with hobby fishermen. The lakes are also great places for relaxation, enjoy- 22 23 ing nature and having picnics. There are public beaches with rest areas, volleyball courts, children’s playgrounds and observation towers on the eastern shores of both lakes.

See und Aussichtsturm Ermistu See und Aussichtsturm Tõhela

Die Seen Ermistu und Tõhela haben viel miteinander gemein: Sie sind von Sümpfen und Mooren umgeben, die als Ernährungsquellen dienen. Deswegen sind die Seen auch fischreich und zu beliebten Seen gerade unter den Hobby-Anglern geworden. Ebenso eignen sich die Seen gut zur Entspannung, zum Genießen der Natur und zum Picknickmachen. Am östlichen Ufer der beiden Seen sind öffentliche Strände eingerichtet worden, die über Erholungsecken, Volleyballplätze, Kinderspielplätze sowie Aussichtstürme verfügen.

Matsi recreation area The area is known for its clean environment, untouched nature and beautiful sandy beaches, and it has always been a popular recreation area. You can enjoy beautiful views and a beach holiday on Matsi beach, go fishing and on a boat trip between 12 islands and islets.

30

Die Gegend ist als ein Ort mit sauberer Umgebung, der unverdorbenen Natur und schönen Sandstränden bekannt, die immer ein geschätztes Erholungsgebiet gewesen ist. Es besteht die Möglichkeit, Naturerscheinungen und Strandurlaub am Strand Matsi zu genießen, zu angeln und an einer Bootstour zwischen 12 Inseln und Eilanden teilzunehmen.

Varbla Nature Centre of the State Forest Management Centre Information about holiday options in the area, interesting exhibitions and films about nature. +372 676 7161, www.rmk.ee

32

Informationen über Erholungsmöglichkeiten in der Umgebung sowie spannende Ausstellungen und Naturfilme. +372 676 7161, www.rmk.ee

Soontagana Stronghold (7-8th c) with viewing tower and hiking trail (4.8 km)

Soontagana Stronghold was one of the best known fortifications of the ancient Läänemaa people. It was a 50 x 100 m stronghold with a circular earthwork that towered 6-7 m above the rest of the island. A secret under- 42 water path that led to the stronghold through the bog was the only way it could be accessed, and the location of the path was known only to a few people. Thus the stronghold offered shelter from conquerors for many centuries. The hill of the stronghold is surrounded by beautiful landscapes – meadows, old farmsteads and stone fences. The 4.8 km hiking trail starts on the Soontagana marshy island and winds through various landscapes – forests, pastures, bogs and hills. You will find recreation areas and bonfire sites, an observation tower and information boards about the ancient stronghold on the Soontagana marshy island. You can also spend the night in a forest hut and use a toilet.

Landfestung (7.-8. Jh.), Aussichtsturm und Wanderweg (4,8 km) von Soontagana

Die Landfestung von Soontagana war eine der bekanntesten Festungen der alten Westesten. Dies war eine Ringburg mit einer Größe von 50 x 100 m und erhob sich 6-7 m über den Rest der Insel. Zur Burg führte wahrscheinlich ein sehr geheimer Unterwasserweg durch den Sumpf, den nur eingeweihte Menschen entlang gehen konnten. Deswegen diente die Landfestung während mehrerer Jahrhunderte als Zufluchtsort vor Erobern. Der Burgberg wird von einer schönen Landschaft der überlieferten Kultur – von Wiesen, alten Bauernhöfen und Steinzäunen – umgeben. Der 4,8 km lange Wanderweg beginnt auf der Moorinsel von Soontagana und verläuft in sehr verschiedenartigen Landschaften – im Wald, auf Alvaren, in Sümpfen und Bergen. Auf der Moorinsel von Soontagana gibt es Rast- und Lagerfeuerplätze, einen Aussichtsturm, Infotafeln über die alte Landfestung, es besteht die Möglichkeit in einer Waldhütte zu übernachten und eine Trockentoilette zu nutzen.

Tamme Farm herbyard When you visit Tamme Farm near Pärnu you can have a look around their herb garden and also see the vegetables and decorative plants used for culinary purposes that are grown there as well. You can walk in a paradise of scents and flavours, and enjoy delicious herbal tea with a herb pie baked by the lady of the farm. In the farm shop you can buy preserves made of berries, vegetables and herbs, various herb mixes and teas, and other interesting products. +372 562 53075, www.tammetalu.eu

Im Gärtnerei-Bauernhof Tamme in der Nähe von Pärnu können Sie sich mit einem Mustergarten an Heil- und Gewürzpflanzen bekannt machen, außerdem werden dort auch Gemüse und in der Kochkunst verwendete Zierpflanzen angebaut. Sie können im Paradies der Düfte und des Geschmacks spazieren gehen und leckeren Kräutertee sowie von der Hofbesitzerin zubereitetes Kräutergebäck genießen. Im Bauernhofladen kann man Beerenmarmeladen, Gemüse- und Kräuterkonserven sowie verschiedene Kräuter- und Teemischungen und andere interessante Produkte kaufen. +372 562 53075, www.tammetalu.eu

Estonian Museum Railway in Lavassaare

Estonian Museum Railway is the biggest narrow-gauge railway muuseum in the Baltics and one of the biggest in Europe. The outdoor exposition displays unique exhibits – a German military locomotive, 19th century freight cars and a unique Estonian passenger car built in 1939. The muuseum also has an almost 50 complete rolling stock from the Soviet period. In the internal exposure is available various rail related historical objects. There is also possible to take ride with locomotive and have picnic in a train. +372 5 272 584, www.museumrailway.ee

Estnische Museums-Eisenbahn in Lavassaare

Erholungsgebiet Matsi

Naturzentrum Varbla des RMK

Kräutergarten des Tamme-Hofs

Die Estnische Museums-Eisenbahn ist das größte Schmalspurbahn-Museum im Baltikum und eines der größten in Europa. In der Außenausstellung können Sie unikale Exponate sehen: Die Lokomotive einer deutschen Feldeisenbahn, die aus dem 19. Jh. stammenden Güterwagen und einen einzigartigen estnischen Reisewagen von 1939. Fast vollständig wird im Museum auch das rollende Material aus der Zeit der Sowjetunion präsentiert. In der Innenausstellung kann man diverse mit der Eisenbahn verbundene historische Gegenstände kennen lernen. Es besteht die Möglichkeit, mit einer Handdraisine und einer Dampflok zu fahren und im Zug ein Picknick zu halten. +372 5 272 584, www.museumrailway.ee

Lake Kaisma Suurjärv and hiking trail (6 km)

Lake Kaisma Suurjärv is located in the midst of beautiful bogs and wonderful forests. The shores are low, mostly peaty or muddy, but it is possible to go for a swim on the eastern shore. The lake is surrounded by a thick wall of reeds, which offers a good hiding place for water birds. Roach, perch, pike, tench, bream and eel can be found in the lake to the joy of 63 fishermen. Beavers have set up their home on the lakeshore, and signs of their activity can be seen everywhere on the six-kilometre hiking trail that runs around the lake. There are rest sites and an observation tower near the hiking trail.

Der See Kaisma Suurjärv und Wanderweg (6 km)

Der See Kaisma Suurjärv liegt inmitten von faszinierenden Hochmooren und wunderschönen Wäldern. Die Ufer sind seicht, meistens torfig und schlammig, aber am östlichen Ufer kann man auch baden. Der See ist wie mit einer unsichtbaren Mauer von Schilfrohr umgeben, in dem sich Wasservögel verbergen. Zur Freude der Fischer leben im See Plötze, Barsch, Hecht, Schleie, Blei und Aal. Am Ufer des Sees haben Biber ihr Nest gebaut und von ihnen hinterlassene Spuren kann man überall auf dem 6 km langen Wanderweg um den See entdecken. Am Wanderweg gibt es auch einen Aussichtsturm und Rastplätze.

Tori centre with different sightseeing sites

“Tori Põrgu” (Tori Hell) is called the biggest of three caves, which has been eroded by spring water in the steep left bank of the Pärnu River in the course of centuries. In the past century, the cave ran several hundreds of metres 85 down into the ground and narrowed into a low “passage of hell”. The cornerstone of St George’s Lutheran Church in Tori was set in 1852 and a bell founded in Lübeck in 1749 became the pride of the church. In 1944, German soldiers retreating from the Soviet army blew up the bridge in Tori and burnt down the church; however, since 1990, large scale reconstruction work has been carried out in the church. In 2001, the church was consecrated as the Memorial Church of Estonian Soldiers and the congregation as St George’s Congregation. A sight of historical importance is Tori Museum, founded in 1934, which was the first parish museum in Estonia and is still working today, preserving materials about both the past and present of Tori. In Tori Community centre it is possible to get information about recreational opportunities in the region. Tori Handicraft Workshop, a handicraft and art centre in the old community hall of Tori, gives visitors an opportunity to make handicraft themselves and to purchase completed artwork. Tori manor ensemble consists of a Classicist tavern building (1845) with the biggest aproom (78.5 m2) in Estonia, the manor, stable complex and horse stud. The mantle chimney and doors with ram hinges have been preserved of the Baroque main building (1738) of the manor; interesting outbuildings nclude the barn (1814), distillery (1835) and threshing room (1844). In 1930, the manor became a state manor specialising in horse breeding. Tori Stud rears and breeds Tori horses that are still famous. Tori Museum +372 5301 9440 Tori Stud +372 503 1892, www.torihobune.ee Tori Handicraft Workshop +372 510 6888

Tori und seine verschiedenen Sehenswürdigkeiten

48

Die „Tori-Hölle” – so heißt die größte der drei Höhlen, die durch Quellwasser in den Sandsteinaufschluss aus dem Mitteldevon am hohen linken Ufer des Flusses Pärnu durch die Jahrhunderte hindurch geformt wurde. Im vorigen Jahrhundert führte die Höhle viele hunderte Meter durch den Sandstein tief unter die Erde und verengerte sich zu einem niedrigen „Höllengang”. Für die ev. luth. St.-Georg-Kirche in Tori wurde im Jahr 1852 der Grundstein gelegt und zur Perle der Kirche wurde die 1749 in Lübeck gegossene Turmglocke. 1944 sprengten die sich vor den sowjetischen Streitkräften zurückziehenden deutschen Soldaten

die Tori-Brücke und brannten die Kirche nieder, aber seit 1990 ist die Kirche umfangreich wieder hergestellt worden. 2001 wurde die Kirche zum Gedenken an estnische Soldaten und die St.-Georg-Kirchgemeinde eingeweiht. Historisch bemerkenswert ist die Gründung des Museums Tori in 1934, dies ist das erste Kirchspielmuseum in Estland, es ist bis heute tätig und bewahrt Materialien sowohl über die Geschichte als auch die Gegenwart von Tori auf. Im Informationszentrum im Volkshaus Tori kann man Informationen über die Erholungsmöglichkeiten in der Region erhalten. Im Handwerks- und Kunstzentrum im alten Gemeindehaus Tori – in der Handwerksstube Tori – können die Besucher selbst Handarbeiten anfertigen und Kunstwerke zum Mitnehmen kaufen. Das Gutsensemble Tori besteht aus dem klassizistischen Gebäude mit der größten Schankstube (78,5 m²) in Estland (1845), aus dem Gutshaus, dem Stallkomplex und dem Gestüt. Vom barocken Hauptgebäude des Gutshofs (1738) sind der Mantelschornstein und die Türen mit Schafbock-Türangeln erhalten geblieben, von den Nebengebäuden sind der Speicher (1814), die Branntweinbrennerei (1835) und der Dreschboden (1844) sehenswert. 1930 wurde der Gutshof zu einem auf Pferdezucht spezialisierten Staatsgut. Im Gestüt Tori werden bis heute berühmte Tori-Pferde gezüchtet. Museum Tori +372 5301 9440 Gestüt Tori +372 503 1892, www.torihobune.ee Handwerksstube Tori +372 510 6888

Soomaa National Park, nature center and hiking trails

Soomaa National Park is a protected area of national importance established for conserving, researching and introducing large bog areas, floodplain meadows and forests. Established in 1993, the protected area has become especially well 91 known for its periods of flood when water flowing on meadows and into forests cuts off all connections to the world outside. Local people say that Soomaa has five seasons: spring, summer autumn, winter and the high water. The Soomaa nature centre, located in Kõrtsi-Tõramaa, provides detailed information on interesting places, hiking trails and camping places in Soomaa. Hiking in the national park is possible on wooden board walks or hiking trails running on the ground, but also by using canoes, special marsh shoes or kicksleds. +372 435 7164, www.soomaa.ee

Walking trails in Soomaa – Hüpassaare (4km), Ingatsi trail (3,6km), beaver trail (1,8km), Kuraniidu (1,15km), Lemmjõe trail (5,7km), Meiekose trail (2,8km), Riisa trail (4,8km), Öördi (1,2km).

Nationalpark, Naturzentrum und Wanderwege in Soomaa

Der Nationalpark Soomaa ist ein zum Schützen, zur Untersuchung und zur Vorstellung von großen Sumpfgebieten, Auwiesen und Wäldern errichtetes Schutzgebiet mit nationalem Wert. Besonders bekannt ist das 1993 gegründete Schutzgebiet wegen der Hochwasserzeiten geworden, wenn das in die Auen und Wälder fließende Wasser die Verkehrswege zurr Außenwelt überflutet. Hiesige Einwohner sagen, dass es in Soomaa fünf Jahreszeiten gibt: Frühling, Sommer, Herbst, Winter und Hochwasser. Im Naturzentrum Soomaa in Kõrtsi-Tõramaa kann man diverse Informationen über spannende Orte, Wanderwege und Lagerplätze von Soomaa erhalten. Im Nationalpark kann man auf Wanderwegen wandern, die auf einem Bretterweg oder auf dem Erdboden verlaufen, darüber hinaus ist es möglich, eine Kanu-, Moorschuh- oder Schlittenwanderung zu unternehmen. +372 435 7164, www.soomaa.ee

Die Wanderwege in Soomaa – Hüpassaare (4 km), Lehrpfad Ingatsi (3,6 km), Biberpfad (1,8 km), Kuraniidu (1,15 km), Lehrpfad Lemmjõe (5,7 km), Lehrpfad Meiekose (2,8 km), Lehrpfad Riisa (4,8 km), Öördi (1,2 km).

Carl Robert Jakobson’s Farmstead Museum in Kurgja

Ku rg ja Far mstead Museum is located on the land that once belonged to Carl Robert Jakobson, one of the leading figures of the period of national wakening in Estonia. Jakobson wished to 98 establish a model farm here, which is why all buildings of the farmstead museum have been built after Jakobson’s own design and are, therefore, unique. All farm work is still being carried out here as it used to be done more than a hundred years ago. The museum is open every day during the summer season and there possible to buy local handcraft. +372 445 8171, www.kurgja.ee

Kurgja, Bauernhofmuseum von Carl Robert Jakobson

Das Bauernhofmuseum Kurgja befindet sich auf den Ländereien, die einmal einem der wichtigsten Persönlichkeiten des nationalen Erwachens in Estland – Carl Robert Jakobson – gehörten. Der Wunsch von Jakobson war es, hier einen vorbildlichen Musterbauernhof zu gründen – alle Gebäude im Bauernhofmuseum sind nach dem Projekt von Jakobson erbaut worden und deshalb einzigartig. Ebenso werden hier alle Landarbeiten heute so gemacht, wie vor mehr als 100 Jahren. In der Sommersaison ist das Museum täglich geöffnet. Im Museumsladen sind lokale Handarbeiten im Verkauf. Nationalgerichte gibt es auf Vorbestellung. +372 445 8171, www.kurgja.ee

Rannametsa-Tolkuse nature study trail (2.2 km) and viewing tower The education trail starts by the information board of the car park located on the 162nd kilometre of the Tallinn-Pärnu-Ikla road. The circular trail, which is partly a boardwalk, is 2.2 km long and takes about 1.5-2 hours to walk. The trail runs through Tolkuse bog and leads up to Tornimäe hill, where you will find an 18-metre observation tower that offers magnificent views of the surrounding areas. Tolkuse bog is unique, because it appeared as a result of the paludification of a 113 former bay. There are many interesting spots and rest sites by the trail. www.rmk.ee

Naturlehrpfad und Aussichtsturm Rannametsa-Tolkuse (2,2 km)

Der Lehrpfad beginnt am Informationsstand des Parkplatzes bei Kilometer 162 der Landstraße Tallinn-Pärnu-Ikla. Der teilweise auf einem Bretterweg verlaufende kreisförmige Pfad ist 2,2 km lang und das Zurücklegen des Pfades dauert 1,5-2 Stunden. Der Pfad schlängelt sich durch das Hochmoor Tolkuse und führt bis Tornimäe, wo sich der 18 m hohe Aussichtsturm befindet, von wo aus sich eine großartige Aussicht eröffnet. Das Hochmoor Tolkuse ist einzigartig, weil es infolge der Versumpfung einer ehemaligen Meeresbucht entstanden ist. Auf dem Pfad gibt es auch mehrere Gegenstände von Interesse und Rastplätze. www.rmk.ee

Kabli

There is a place called Kabli in the southern part of Pärnumaa. In the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century, Kabli was a seamen’s village and a place where sailing boats were built. The look of a seamen’s village 122 and mansions dating back to the same time have been preserved until today. The first long-distance sail boat of the region was built in 1861, and the yawl Kaja, which is modelled on the historical type of ship, was built in its honour and put on display. Kabli beach by the shallow and warm sea is popular with holidaymakers, especially families with children. There are picnic sites, a promenade, children’s playground and summer café by the beach. You should also pay a visit to the famous Kabli Pagar baker’s shop when you are in Kabli. You can find information about holiday options and see exhibitions about nature when you go to the information centre of the Kabli Nature Centre. The 1.8 km Kabli nature studies trail starts by the Nature Centre and runs past the nest box world, bird watching towers and the coastal meadow, which is used as a pasture for sheep and Scottish Highland cattle, and ends in the Kabli Bird Ringing Station. It takes about 1-1.5 hours to walk the trail and it is also suitable for small children. Kabli Nature Centre of the State Forest Management Centre +372 505 8242, www.rmk.ee

Kabli

Im südlichen Teil des Landkreises Pärnu liegt ein Ort namens Kabli. Im 19. Jh. und am Anfang des 20. Jh. war Kabli ein Seemannsdorf und ein Bauplatz für Segelschiffe. Das Dorf hat sein altes Aussehen eines Seemannsdorfes mit aus dieser Zeit erhalten gebliebenen Herrenhäusern bewahrt. In Kabli wurde 1861 das erste hiesige Segelschiff für Fernreisen zu Wasser gelassen und zu dessen Ehren wurde das Segelschiff des historischen jaala-Typs namens Kaja gebaut, das zur Besichtigung ausgestellt wurde. Der seichte Strand Kabli mit warmem Wasser ist ein beliebter Urlaubsort, besonders bei Familien mit Kindern. Am Strand sind eine Promenade, Picknickplätze, ein Spielplatz für Kinder und ein Sommercafé erbaut worden. Wenn Sie in Kabli sind, lohnt es sich, auch die bekannte Bäckerei Kabli Pagar zu besuchen. In der Informationsstelle des Naturzentrums Kabli des RMK (Zentrum zur Bewirtschaftung des Staatswaldes) kann man Informationen über Erholungsmöglichkeiten in der Umgebung erhalten und Ausstellungen zum Thema Natur sehen. Am Naturzentrum beginnt der 1,8 km lange Naturlehrpfad von Kabli, der an der Nistkastenwelt, den Vogelbeobachtungstürmen und der Strandwiese zum Weiden von Schafen und Schottischen Hochlandrindern vorbeiführt und in der Vogelberingungsstation Kabli endet. Das Zurücklegen des Pfades dauert 1-1,5 Stunden und ist auch für Kleinkinder gut geeignet. Naturzentrum Kabli des RMK +372 505 8242, www.rmk.ee

Lake Rae camping area and hiking trail (1.7 km)

Lake Rae hiking trail and camping area peaceful and quiet places hidden in the midst of forests, where you can enjoy different landscapes and walk the 1.7 km hiking trail that runs along the shore of Lake Rae. You have to cross a footbridge 131 and a hanging bridge, pass a boardwalk and make your way over fallen trees in order to get to the 5 m observation tower. You can also go swimming and fishing in the camping are, as it has a fish ladder, a pier, bonfire sites, children’s playground. www.rmk.ee

Zeltplatz und Wanderweg am See Rae (1,7 km)

Der Wanderweg und der Zeltplatz am See Rae sind ein Ruhe und Stille bietender Erholungsort inmitten der Wälder, wo man abwechslungsreiche Natur genießen und den 1,7 km langen Wanderweg durchqueren kann, der am Ufer des Sees Rae entlang verläuft. Um den 5 m hohen Aussichtsturm zu erreichen, muss man einen Steg überschreiten, über eine Hängebrücke gehen, einen Bretterweg entlang laufen und auch über umgefallene Bäume steigen. Auf dem Zeltplatz ist es möglich zu baden und zu angeln: Fischtreppe, Badesteg, Lagerfeuerplätze, Spielplatz für Kinder. www.rmk.ee

Allikukivi caves

There are large underground caves on the foot of the Allikukivi valley. The cave, which appeared in the sandstone as a result of groundwater erosion, is 33 m long and up to 2.7 m high. According to 139 www.rannatee.ee legend, a wealthy farm sunk underground here – a punishment imposed on the farm people for refusing to give anything to a beggar during a wedding party. You will need a torch!

Höhlen von Allikukivi

Am Hang des Urtals Allikukivi befinden sich große unterirdische Höhlen. Die durch Grundwasser in den Sandstein gespülte Höhle ist 33 m lang und bis zu 2,7 m hoch. Nach einer Sage sei an dieser Stelle ein wohlhabender Bauernhof unter die Erde gesunken – als Strafe dafür, dass die Wirtsfamilie während der Hochzeitsfeier einem Bettler kein Almosen gegeben hatte. Eine Taschenlampe ist nötig!

Kihnu island

K i h nu i s l a n d i s definitely one of the most exotic places in Estonia. The island w a s i n c l u d ed i n UNESCO’s List of Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity in 2003. Kihnu has preserved ancient 143 customs and lifestyle – handicratf of the foremothers is held in Gerat esteem and national dresses are worn every day. Traditional sightseeing sites in Kihnu are the graveyard, church, museum and lighthouse. Kihnu cemetery is a sacred place for the islanders – it is a place where one treads very quietly and never after the sunset. The famous seafaring captain Enn Uuetoa, better known as Kihnu Jõnn, has been buried close to the main gate of the graveyard. St Nicholas Orthodox Church in Kihnu (1862) is a well-kept sanctum, which preserves furnishings of churches that were located on the island earlier. In 1974, Kihnu museum was founded in the old school house. The museum houses a collection of works by Kihnu naivist painters, introduces famous men from Kihnu (local lore researche Theodor Saar, seafaring captain Enn Uuetoa, silversmith Peeter Rooslaid) and exhibits objects reflecting everyday life on the island (tools, clothes, handicraft, furniture). Kihnu lighthouse (1864), located on Pitkänä Cape and assembled of parts produced in England, towers 31 m and 29 m above sea and ground level respectively. The islanders themselves use an interesting word for the lighthouse – “puaek”. Kihnu Museum, +372 5347 3867

Insel Kihnu

Einer der exotischsten Orte in ganz Estland ist auf jeden Fall die Insel Kihnu, die 2003 in die UNESCO-Liste der Meisterwerke des mündlichen und immateriellen Kulturerbes aufgenommen wurde. Auf Kihnu sind alte Sitten und Bräuche und die alte Lebensweise erhalten geblieben – die Handwerkskunst der Stammmütter wird in Ehren gehalten und täglich werden Volkstrachten getragen. Zu den traditionel- 147 len Sehenswürdigkeiten von Kihnu gehören der Friedhof, die Kirche, das Museum und der Leuchtturm. Der Friedhof auf Kihnu ist für die Inselbewohner ein heiliger Ort – dorthin geht man still und nie nach Sonnenuntergang. Am Haupttor des Friedhofs liegt der bekannte Kapitän Enn Uuetoa, auch Kihnu Jõnn genannt, begraben. Die Apostolische Orthodoxe St.-Nikolai-Kirche auf Kihnu (1862) ist ein gepflegter Sakralbau, wo die Ausstattung der früher auf der Insel vorhandenen Kirchen erhalten geblieben ist. Das Museum Kihnu wurde 1974 in einem alten Schulhaus gegründet. Dort kann man die Schöpfung von naiven Künstlern von Kihnu bewundern, berühmte Männer von Kihnu kennen lernen und die Exponate besichtigen, die das Alltagsleben von Kihnu zum Ausdruck bringen (Werkzeuge, Kleidung, Handarbeit, Möbel). Der auf der Landzunge Pitkänä befindliche Leuchtturm Kihnu (1864) wurde aus in England angefertigten Details zusammengebaut, seine Höhe über dem Meeresspiegel beträgt 31 m und vom Erdboden 29 m. Die Inselbewohner selbst haben für den Leuchtturm eine tolle Bezeichnung - “puaek”. Museum Kihnu, +372 5347 3867

Manija island

The second largest island in Pärnumaa, Manija, is a 187-hectare stony island that has been on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 2003. The island is only 4.5 km long and up to 0.5 km wide, and div ides into three parts in times of storm or when the 151 www.rannatee.ee seawater rises. The first written mention of the island dates back to 1560: Holm Maunõ or Mannõ – a meadow and a stopping place for fishermen. 40 people live on the island today and many households are used as summer cottages. Some rare plants grow on the island and you can hear the resonant voices of the Natterjack Toads during the warm nights of May and June. You can get to the island by boat or regular ferry from Munalaiu port. You can explore the island by foot or by car, and visit the beautiful landscapes, the centre of Manija Island and the local handicrafts workshop, and buy beautiful handmade items to take home with you. You can also enjoy local food in the Riida Tourist Farm. Contact the island keeper Ülle Tamm on +372 505 5340

Insel Manija

Manija, die zweitgrößte Insel des Landkreises Pärnu ist ein steinernes Inselchen von 187 ha, das 2003 in die UNESCO-Liste des Weltkulturerbes aufgenommen wurde. Die Insel ist nur 4,5 km lang und bis zu 0,5 km breit und teilt sich bei großem Sturm und Wasserflut in drei Teile. Schriftlich wurde die Insel 1560 erwähnt: Holm Maunõ oder Mannõ – als Weide und Aufenthaltsort der Fischer. Heute wohnen auf der Insel weniger als 40 Einwohner und mehrere Haushalte werden als Som- 151 merhäuser genutzt. Auf der Insel sind Standorte seltener Pflanzen und in den warmen Mai- und Juninächten kann man das schallende Konzert der Kreuzkröten hören. Auf die Insel kann man vom Hafen Munalaid mit dem Boot oder mit dem Linienschiff fahren. Auf der Insel besteht die Möglichkeit, zu Fuß oder mit dem Auto eine Tour zu unternehmen und die Naturwerte des Schutzgebiets und das Inselzentrum Manija kennen zu lernen sowie in der örtlichen Handarbeitsstube Handarbeiten zu beobachten und zu kaufen. Einheimisches Essen wird im Ferienhof Riida angeboten. Kontaktperson: Inselwächterin Ülle Tamm +372 505 5340


Turn static files into dynamic content formats.

Create a flipbook
Issuu converts static files into: digital portfolios, online yearbooks, online catalogs, digital photo albums and more. Sign up and create your flipbook.