Regd. No. MCS/035/2015-17 RNI Regn. No. 43675/1985 MUMBAI FRIDAY, MAY 1, 2015 24 PAGES `3 Website: www.afternoondc.in
Aft er oo
GIRL MOLESTED AND WHEN SHE FOUGHT BACK WAS THROWN OUT OF MOVINGCBUS; SHE DIES Gold: `27,155 Silver: `38,085 US Dollar: `63.42 Temperature: 340C/260C Humidity: 55%
48 Hours Pg9-16 Films Pg17
HANDIGARH/MOGA: A woman and her teenaged daughter were allegedly molested and thrown off a running bus belonging to the ruling Badal family in Punjab, leaving the girl dead and mother seriously wounded, and kicking up a political storm. The shocking incident occurred last evening close to Gill village on Moga-Kotkapura road, near Moga district headquarters, and four persons including the driver, cleaner and conductor of the bus were arrested on Thursday, police told PTI. The woman was travelling with her daughter and son in the nearly empty bus from Moga to Baghapurana when the accused began molesting them, ignoring desperate
Mastermind, his aide get `3,000 of `4.50 lakh; rogue cops get bigger pie PPCC President Partap Singh Bajwa meets the injured mother of a 13-yr-old girl who died in Moga, on Thursday.
By Zuber Ansari
T
SAKINAKA MODEL RAPE CASE
he mastermind in the infamous Sakinaka model rape case, local website journalist Ibrahim Khan alias Ibu, made some shocking revelations in the custody of Crime Branch Unit X. He has disclosed that he and his female associate Ayesha Malviya were given a meagre Rs 1,000 and Rs 2,000 respectively, out of the exorbitant Rs 4.50 lakh extorted. The rest was distributed among the rogue cops, crime branch sleuths said on Thursday. The prime accused Ibrahim has further revealed that he is not aware about any gold which the arrested cops might have taken from the complainant since The woman accused (in burqa) being led away by he was present in the police station and lady constables at city court, earlier this week.
didn't know when API Khatpe took her to the Sangharsh Nagar Chowky where he allegedly raped her. “Actually not only in this Sakinaka extortion case, Ibrahim Khan (42) is the mastermind of a large-scale extortion racket that has been in operation for nearly 15 years now. Khan and his gang would extort money from hoteliers and various other vulnerable targets in the western suburbs by posing as TV journalists. The other arrested accused in this case, Javed Sheikh (35), Sanjay Range (46), Tanvir Hashmi (34) and Ayesha Malviya (24) are all part of Khan’s gang, while another gang member Sikandar Mirza is absconding,” crime Continued on pg 7 «
pleas to let them go. Her 10year-old son watched the whole drama unfold before him in horror and the stunned youngster was later handed over to the family by police. The 38-year-old woman and her daughter were rushed to Moga civil hospital where the girl was declared brought dead. The woman was Dalit and police have registered a case under Section 3 of SC Act in police station Baghapurana, police said. In her statement to the police, the injured woman has alleged that she and her 16year-old daughter were molested by the conductor, cleaner and another person on a running bus and then "thrown off", according to
Moga's SP (Detective) H S Pannu. Earlier reports attributed to the police had said the duo had jumped off the vehicle to escape the molesters. Punjab police chief Sumedh Saini said conductor Sukhminder Singh, cleaner Gurdip Singh and another accused known to them Amarjit Singh were the actual perpetrators, while driver Ranjit Singh has been arrested for his "culpability" of being at the wheel when the alleged incident took place. Saini said a case of murder under section 302 and other relevant sections including 307 (attempt to murder), 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage Continued on pg 7 «
Transport strike a flop show
T
By Aroosa Ahmed
he nationwide transport strike on Thursday against the proposed Transport Safety Bill was a failure in the island city. The auto-rickshaw and taxi unions had clearly mentioned that they do not
support the strike and will not be a part of it, however the Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport (BEST) workers who had decided to support the strike withdrew from the proposed strike early morning after Continued on pg 7 «